[Chicago-talk] new camelbones (0.2.1)

Ed Summers ehs at pobox.com
Thu Jan 29 10:01:04 CST 2004

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 07:31:35AM -0800, Jim Thomason wrote:
> Actually, speaking of this, is anyone interested in
> hearing a talk on using the camelbones framework? It's
> a bit more of a speciality talk (only the OS X people
> would care), but I'd be willing to do one. Of course,
> I'd need at least a month or two to actually learn the
> frameworks better, but since I already know perl and
> already know objective-c with the cocoa frameworks for
> OS X, it's fairly straightforward to me.

Hell yes. I don't even use a Mac and I'm interested :) I'm sure there
are enough OSX users in chicago.pm to make this a great topic.

At the end of last year one of Bruce Schneier's Cryptogram [1] mentioned
the work of a programmer named Alan De Smet [2] up in Wisconsin. After
looking through his website I noticed he was into Perl, and thought
it might be cool to invite him down to a meeting to talk about his
UniqueID [3] project, and other stuff. I contacted him and he said he
would be willing to come down for our March meeting.

What do people think, does this sound OK? The idea being that he would
talk about strange fascination with unique IDs, Perl and other stuff. If
March is not good I imagine he could do it another time.

//Ed

[1] http://www.schneier.com/crypto-gram.html
[2] http://www.highprogrammer.com
[3] http://www.highprogrammer.com/alan/numbers/