[Chicago-talk] Re: Extracting info from Outlook's *.pst files

Emil Janev ejanev2 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 14:44:02 CST 2004

Hi,

Thanks to Ed and Andy for remembering the issue.

I tried to install the module, and I immediately had a problem ( call me Mr. Problem if you
want :-).
Here are the extracts:

C:\Perl\Z_Modules\Mail-Outlook-0.05>perl Makefile.PL
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for Mail::Outlook

C:\Perl\Z_Modules\Mail-Outlook-0.05>make
Makefile:658: *** missing separator.  Stop.

C:\Perl\Z_MODU~1\MAIL-O~1.05>make test
Makefile:658: *** missing separator.  Stop.

I tried to look into the "Makefile" but nothing specific for me on that line ( I am not
familiar with it ):

pm_to_blib: $(TO_INST_PM)
	@$(PERLRUNINST) -MExtUtils::Install \
        -e "pm_to_blib(qw[ <<pmfiles.dat ],'$(INST_LIB)\auto','$(PM_FILTER)')"

$(PM_TO_BLIB)
<<
		@$(TOUCH) $@

# --- MakeMaker selfdocument section:

# --- MakeMaker postamble section:

# End.

The line with "$(PM_TO_BLIB)" is 658th.

If you have suceeded installing this modulet,

By the way, the file "Outlook.pst" of 1.8 GB is not attached to runnign outlook, but archived
on other place ( as trying to import it was making outlook not responding ). Possibly it is
corrupted.

Thanks,
Emil