[Chicago-talk] rt.cpan.org question

Greg Fast gdf at speakeasy.net
Tue Aug 17 19:50:34 CDT 2004

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:19:02 -0500 (CDT), Mike Fragassi <frag at ripco.com> wrote:
> In the view that lets you view a bug and the subsequent replies, there's
> two links to each message: [Reply] and [Comment].
>
> I'm not sure what the difference is between the two.  I'm assuming that
> replies will send a private email that isn't part of the displayed thread,
> and comments will send email and also be displayed.  Does anyone know if
> that's correct?

"Comment" adds a comment to the history, visible to anyone who can
view the bug/issue, but sends no email.  "Reply" adds a comment to the
issue history, and also sends that comment to the original requestor
and anyone else listed as an interested party for the issue.  Neither
is particularly "private", as I recall.

--
Greg Fast
http://cken.chi.groogroo.com/~gdf/