[Charlotte.PM] Rose DB

Diona Kidd diona at studio12a.com
Thu Jun 28 10:18:29 PDT 2007

I know Dan's used Rose DB. Has anyone else? I tried using it this
week at the conference but am getting an error that leads me to
believe the driver isn't being set. I thought this might make for
good conversation on our list... ;)

The tests for mysql in the Rose::DB source dir are working fine, btw.
It must be the code. You can see where I also tried setting dsn
explicitly to see if that would resolve the issue but it didn't.

Here's the error from my test:

[Wed Jun 27 15:17:15 2007] [crit] (70023)This function has not been
implemented on this platform: DBD: driver for [DBDriver unset] not
available
[Wed Jun 27 15:17:15 2007] [crit] (70023)This function has not been
implemented on this platform: DBD: failed to initialise

Here's the code.

package My::DBI;

use strict;

use Rose::DB;
our @ISA = qw(Rose::DB);

__PACKAGE__->register_db(
     domain => 'development',
     type => 'main',
     driver => 'mysql',
     database => 'test',
     #dsn => 'dbi:mysql:database=test',
     host => 'localhost',
     username => 'user',
     password => 'pass',
     server_time_zone => 'UTC',
);

__PACKAGE__->default_domain('development');
__PACKAGE__->default_type('mysql');

sub connect {
     my $db = __PACKAGE__->new;
     my $dbh = $db->dbh or die $db->error;