[boulder.pm] Re: electronics kits

Hank Turowski hank.turowski at firstworld.net
Fri Mar 9 01:57:04 CST 2001

I was looking for the same thing myself today. I went to the Radio Shack on
Colorado and got some great stuff. They have resister packs on sale now,
got three of the Tech America kits with 240 resisters each for about $15
total. I also picked up a copy of "Basic Electronics Theory" by Delton T.
Horn. It gets knocked for typos on Amazon, but it seems good. Has simple
experiments you can do to show examples of the theory presented by the text.

If you really just want the step by step blinking light siren stuff, they
have that too.

And here are some places you can get kits online.
http://www.rainbowkits.com/
http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/
http://www.globalspecialties.com/ (A little more tutorial, less flash)
http://www.elenco.com/