[boulder.pm] a faint hello from beneath a pile of work

Joel Maslak jmaslak at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 7 22:38:42 CST 2000

> In fact, at the last meeting, OO Perl was a topic of conversation, so
> a few questions might start a thread.

I know that I've actually built a large application where OO Perl was one
of the key technologies used.  I had very good luck, and can say that Perl
did a lot of things right that other languages do wrong (I.E. force you to
use objects when plain-ol-procedures work fine).  I'd also be glad to
answer "real world" OO questions, although I didn't read the book
mentioned previously, and, thus may come at it from a different angle!

> Aw, here's an informal meeting idea:  Would anyone be interested in a
> full-moon hike/outing on Monday 20 March?

That could be good...  ;)

--
Joel