[boulder.pm] a faint hello from beneath a pile of work

Walter Pienciak walter at frii.com
Tue Mar 7 13:48:43 CST 2000

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000 SMSRussell at aol.com wrote:

> Walter,
> Hi! I've recently moved to Boulder and found the Boulder pm group through the
> www.pm.org web page. I've noticed there is only the mention of one meeting on
> the Boulder pm website. Does the group have regular (or even irregular!)
> meetings? If so, I'd love to know when the next one is planned. I'm trying to
> teach myself oo perl using Conway's book and would enjoy speaking to other
> real live people about it (Does it show that I'm currently a stay at home
> mom?) Thanks,
> Susan Russell

Hi, Susan,

No regular meetings.  We've had a grand total of 2 meetings, one at a
restaurant and one about a month? ago over at CU.  Boulder.pm isn't an
old, venerable institution, but rather a startup.

We're a loose association of ne'er-do-wells and law-abiding citizens,
experts and neophytes, students, retirees, professional programmers
and sheet-metal workers.

This list goes through periodic convulsions of questions and chatter,
which is usually of pretty high quality.  If you have a question or
an interesting opinion on something Perl-related, fire away!

In fact, at the last meeting, OO Perl was a topic of conversation, so
a few questions might start a thread.

Aw, here's an informal meeting idea:  Would anyone be interested in a
full-moon hike/outing on Monday 20 March?

Back to work I go. (grind grind grind)
Walter