Arrrgh! admin change for the list

Walter Pienciak walter at frii.com
Wed Nov 24 11:04:13 CST 1999

Hi,

I put on my list-admin hat and looked through the cruft.

Majordomo by default bounces messages to the list that it thinks
are misguided subscription/unsubscription attempts.  Pretty nice.

However, one of the patterns it looks for is ^sub\b/i   Uh oh.
In a Perl list, a line may very well look like

sub mycoolthing {

and in fact I found two bounced messages with that very thing.

So, the config is changed now, and any sub/unsub messages will
be winging straight through for all of us to enjoy.  I'm also
resending the two messages that got filtered out, right now.

Walter