[bcn-pm] [OT] Visita Stephane Ducasse

Jordi Delgado jdelgado a lsi.upc.edu
dij gen 21 10:28:12 PST 2010

Hola a tots,

D'aqui un parell de setmanes vindra l'Stephane Ducasse,
super-guru d'Smalltalk. La resta del missatge esta en angles,
que es l'anunci que he fet en diverses llistes i em fa mandra
traduir (you know, impatience, LAZINESS,...)

In a couple of weeks Stephane Ducasse (http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr)
will visit the smalltalk community in
Barcelona, and he will teach a postgraduate course at the UPC
(Technical University of Catalonia). Of course, if you are interested
in Smalltalk, you are invited to attend.

The course will take place from Monday Feb. 8th to Friday Feb. 12th
(every day, 10am to 12am) in the Omega Building, room S216, Campus
Nord UPC, Barcelona.

Advanced Object-Oriented Design

Abstract: This lecture will cover advanced design aspect of object-
oriented programming, using concrete examples. We will think about
what polymorphism deeply implies and its effect on application design.
We will revisit the exact semantics of self and super and their impact
on frameworks construction. We will present the law of demeter,
criteria to assess inheritance versus inheritance, the difference
interfaces that a class present, double dispatch as well as some other
design points such as the right way to handle preferences in large
system. We will also discuss design pattern but in a non traditional
way.

Bests,

Jordi

Més informació sobre la llista de correu Barcelona-pm