Special Guest Speaker

James Genus Jr James.Genus.Jr at nsc.com
Fri Jul 16 12:38:25 CDT 1999

great idea! we lucked out that he's nearby. any sort of fund to use for
contributions for a case like this?

James

Rob_Manning at mail.ci.baltimore.md.us on 07/16/99 12:19:00 PM
To:	baltimore-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org@Internet
cc:	 (bcc: James Genus Jr/Americas/NSC)
Subject:	Special Guest Speaker

All,
	Hey, I got a reponse from Mark-Jason Dominus who
would be available to talk with our group.  Mark writes the
regular column "Bricolage" for The Perl Journal
and regularly speaks/teaches at conferences, seminars
and Perl Monger groups.  He was a featured speaker at Perl
Conference 2.0 in 1998 where he presented a 6-hour tutorial
on Web security issues and a 45-minute talk called
The Perl Hardware Store.   He's based in the Philadelphia, Pa.
area.  He said he'd be glad to speak at
our meeting when he's in town, or since he's so close he
has graciously offered his time sooner than that if we will "sponsor"
him.
That of course means a place for him to stay - got that
covered - and a train ticket down here from Pa.(~$80 or
perhaps someone who commutes to Baltimore from Pa. each
day(Yuk!) and could give him a lift down and  back?).  Anyway I just
wanted to throw this out as a suggestion to the group.  What
does everyone think?

Rob

Rob Manning                                     manningr at tcsnet.net
Senior Systems Analyst                      Work (410) 396-3922
TeleCommunication Systems               Fax  (410) 837-0546