APM: soap

Jack Lupton jacklupton at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 09:05:11 PST 2014

I did a search on free soap web services and most of them appear to provide
very simple pieces of data.  The data that Frank put on the screen did not
seem very complicated. I imagine a tank sensor sending that info once an
hour or something might work. It wouldn't become big data until lots of
tanks' info was collected in one place. It also can work outside of http;
as in smtp and sms which seem like it might be useful.

I also found there are a few big data sources available online for testing
against. I could not find the one Frank Braswell referred to that starts
with a Z. Anyone recall the name of that one? I have a friend who is very
involved with using complex mathematical algorithms and vibration analysis
for finding oil.