APM: Perl meetup group

Jack Lupton jacklupton at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 11:59:34 PST 2013

Fellow Perl Mongers,

I think no one is going to be interested meeting from right before
Christmas until after New Years Day. I think we should schedule a meetup
before then. One idea would be an investigation into Moose. We could delve
into the more popular and well used of the Catalyst Plugins: why to use,
how to install and how to use.

I have and application that uses MySQL, HTML::Template, CGI, and DBI. I've
used it for invoicing Jack Lupton Light Construction customers for over 5
years. I'd like to convert it to a Catalyst application and add it to the
Catalyst application I'm working on currently. John Napiorkowski touched
briefly on this kind of effort at the last meeting.  I'm also loving his
idea of a book compilation of Advent articles. I've since started reading
those articles and its good stuff. I'm late to the party as usual.

Pick a day, poll the group. After a little back and forth we can pin down a
day and topic for the meeting. Or, we can wait until next year.

There has not been much interest in the Perl Meetup group. That doesn't
really surprise me since anyone interested in Perl should already be a
member of Austin.pm. But why is there such low involvement? There are at
least 43 members of meetup.com for whom Perl programming is an interest.

Best regards,
Jack Lupton