APM: May 2011 Meeting - current versions of Perl 6 and latest Perl 5.12 features

Wayne Walker wwalker at solid-constructs.com
Fri May 6 11:49:32 PDT 2011

On Fri, May 06, 2011 at 01:41:45PM -0500, Mark Lehmann wrote:
> Would the 3rd Wednesday of May work for people?

That would be May 18th so we don't all have to look for a calendar.

I've found that Mangia Pizza at Duval and MoPac (Gracie Farms?) is a
nice venue, but not on the night of the week that has live music.  I
think that is Wednesdays.

> Place - location TBD

If not a music night, I recommend Mangia Pizza at Duval and MoPac
(Gracie Farms?).

> We're getting the Perl Mongers band back together.  Also, we are putting in
> a bid to host the Next YAPC conference with the Houston Perl Mongers.

perl -e "system('/usr/bin/env ruby foo.rb')"

Let the flame wars begin!

CPAN rocks!

rubyforge and gem works but is terribly inferior.

--

Wayne Walker
wwalker at solid-constructs.com
(512) 633-8076