APM: Confusion Research Center - "Research Safari" at UT Austin on 1st and 3rd Saturday each month.

jameschoate at austin.rr.com jameschoate at austin.rr.com
Mon Jun 22 06:38:44 PDT 2009

Good Morning,

Confusion Research Center, a hacker space effort in Austin, TX, will be holding one of our first regular services to the technical community in Austin, a "Research Safari". The purpose is to give interested and active persons a means to meet and interact with others who are exploring technology and its impact on our society by hands-on education and engineering.

It will take place on the first and third Saturday of each month. The group will meet at the University of Texas campus in front of the Student Union, West Campus at 10AM. At approximately 10:15 we will proceed to one of several libraries on campus and occupy a study room (where available) until we are done or 6PM arrives, which ever comes first.

Bring your computer, programmable calculator, a notebook, and other supplies and be prepared to spend the time discussing, designing, coding, and reading about your interests and your projects.

Our first meeting will be on July 18th, we'd do the 4th but it's a holiday :) Regular updates will be sent out the Friday a week before a scheduled event (ie July 10th in this case).

NOTE: Parking at and around the UT campus can be quite an issue. We strongly suggest riding the bus...

http://www.capmetro.org/

Please feel free to pass this around and along to any other tech groups or interested parties you're aware of.

Should you need more info please send me an email, first: jameschoate at austin.rr.com

--
 -- -- -- --
Venimus, Vidimus, Dolavimus