APM: TRG Maker SIG Update

jameschoate at austin.rr.com jameschoate at austin.rr.com
Fri Aug 14 05:39:30 PDT 2009

Hello everyone!

Thank you all for participating last night, it looked to me like you all enjoyed yourselves working on projects.

The next Maker SIG meet will be on Aug. 27, 2009.

We'll be having the last of the soldering sessions and will follow up in the 7-8pm slot with a 'How to use a Multimeter' for
Sept. That session will be a review of all we've looked at over the previous three and surface mount techniques.

Regarding the Lego Mindstorms, we ended up with four vehicles for the three RCX controllers. We have a hexapod and two wheeled vehicles. One of them is a little two wheeler that like to pop wheelies (Ed 'Big Daddy' Roth would be proud). Eric also has a basic framework build that we'll be building on. Our next goal is to get better control of the movement and then add bump switches so they can expand their behavior.

--
 -- -- -- --
Venimus, Vidimus, Dolavimus

James Choate