APM: chokes on dos formatted csv file

Keith Howanitz howanitz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 13:54:36 PDT 2008

Thanks guys! Tim's "s/\r+$//;" got me going for today. It took me way
too long to realize why my test file worked but the user supplied file
did not. ("Bad file descriptor" had me thinking open errors for a
bit.) I think I need to look into telling vim not to auto hide the
display of dos line ending characters. Here it is:

http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/File_Format

Does OS X still really use CR instead of LF?

I keep hoping the day will come when I will not have to support users
of windows at all, but my next task is to write data to a series of
csv files for import into access.

--
-Keith
howanitz at gmail.com