APM: Perl 6 Propaganda

Ian Remmler ian at remmler.org
Thu Sep 11 21:29:54 PDT 2008

Sorry I couldn't make the meeting yesterday, but to make up for
it, I'll provide some material to brainwash^Wconvince you that
Perl 6 is The Future (TM).

(If you only watch one of these, watch Conway's talk - it's quite mad)

Patrick Michaud progress report (good overview of Perl 6 on Parrot progress)
http://www.rakudo.org/2008/09/final-report-for-mozilla-found.html

Larry Wall - Google Tech Talk (pretty dry, but interesting)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzIWdJVP-wo

OSCon videos:

Object Orientation, The Perl 6 Way - Jonathan Worthington
video: http://blip.tv/file/1219850/
slides: http://www.jnthn.net/papers/2008-yapc-eu-perl6oo.pdf

Putting Types To Work In Perl 6 - Jonathan Worthington
video: http://blip.tv/file/1225913/
slides: http://www.jnthn.net/papers/2008-yapc-eu-perl6types.pdf

Perl Myths - Tim Bunce (second half is about Perl 6)
http://blip.tv/file/1150746/

Temporally Quaquaversal Virtual Nanomachine Programming In Multiple
Topologically Connected Quantum-Relativistic Parallel Timespaces ...
Made Easy! - Damian Conway

--
    - Ian.