APM: Inverted objects?

Thomas L. Shinnick tshinnic at io.com
Fri Sep 14 20:46:27 PDT 2007

At 07:02 PM 9/14/2007, Montgomery Conner wrote:
>AFAIN this tactic was originally proposed by Damian Conway in his
>2000 book 'Object Oriented Perl'... the implementation is typically
>called 'inside-out objects'.
>
>These have been implemented in dozens of ways over the last few
>years, but perhaps the best explanation and description is the
>documentation that comes with Damian's own Class::Std... here:
><http://search.cpan.org/%7Edconway/Class-Std-v0.0.8/lib/Class/Std.pm>http://search.cpan.org/~dconway/Class-Std-v0.0.8/lib/Class/Std.pm
>

>good luck,
>Montgomery

The discussion in Class::InsideOut::Manual::About mentions the other
inside-out implementations, and recommends the larger
Object::InsideOut or itself, Class::InsideOut.  From the reading I
would recommend either of these "inspired by" modules over the inspiration.
     http://search.cpan.org/~dagolden/Class-InsideOut-1.08/
     http://search.cpan.org/~jdhedden/Object-InsideOut-3.25/