APM: Anyone make it to YAPC in Houston?

Jeremy Fluhmann fluhmann at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 08:19:05 PDT 2007

On 7/5/07, David Bluestein II <dbii at interaction.net> wrote:

> Following up on Ian's post, anyone make it to YAPC last week? I wanted
> to go, but didn't have the time (and had other commitments).

I went! ;-)  We did have a few from Austin registered that attended.  I met
at least two of them.  I'm hoping they had a great experience.  I'm always
curious to hear about someone's experience (good or bad, but hopefully
good).  For those that weren't able to make it, there was some discussion
with a particular person about a possible hackathon or Perl workshop in the
near future.  I'm not sure how near, but it will be in Texas.  It would be
great to start having a big Perl event in Texas every year.  Be it a two-day
hackathon or a two-day workshop, it would hopefully bring some of the users
out and into the Perl community.  I see at some point bringing YAPC back to
Texas!

Jeremy