APM: Did you guys know this

Ian Remmler ian at remmler.org
Thu Jun 30 11:20:02 PDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 11:42:41AM -0500, Fluhmann, Jeremy wrote:
>    I just found this out today.  Bjarne Stroustrup works for Texas A&M
>    University (where I now work.  I'm the guy that used to work for McLane
>    Company).  Amazing!

I was a grad student at A&M when he first moved there.  I went
to a talk he gave once, and happened to bump into him at a
reception afterward.  I asked him if he had been paying any
attention to the development of Perl 6, specifically the design
process.

To paraphrase, he said "No, I'm pretty busy and I really don't
have time to keep up with everything like that."  The he said,
"Do you know where the refreshments are?"

:)

	- Ian.

--
"Just for the record, my main man is, and has been since 1987,
 Van Mundegaarde.  And don't you forget it!"    -- Strong Bad