APM: Catalyst and DBI

David Bluestein II dbii at interaction.net
Wed Jun 15 22:19:55 PDT 2005

In light of our discussion of Catalyst, Ruby on Rails and Class::DBI,
here is one persons take on it:

http://www.simplicidade.org/notes/archives/2005/06/ruby_on_rails_a.html

Seems like Catalyst is a little advanced over RoR in general (which may
also mean that it came second and learned from RoR errors, but I'm just
speculating on that), but still missing what he calls the
"ActiveRecord-type" framework, where the framework can effectively
mimic simple joins, which is the issue with Class::DBI that several of
us have seen. Seems like that is a common issue. Wonder what Tim Bunce
(DBI.pm) and others have to think on this and what a solution is. I
wonder how Ruby on Rails handles it, anyone know?

David

David H. Bluestein II
President & Lead Developer         dbii at interaction.net
ii, inc.
http://www.interaction.net
     -- Specializing in Interactive, Database Driven Websites --