APM: Fw: [austinjug_jobs] UT Job Posting

Christopher Baker chris at chrisbaker.net
Thu Jan 27 12:22:11 PST 2005

Forwarded by Christopher Baker <chris at chrisbaker.net>
 From:    David Campbell <dcampbell at mail.utexas.edu>
 To:      David Campbell <dcampbell at mail.utexas.edu>
 Date:    Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:44:45 -0600
 Subject: [austinjug_jobs] UT Job Posting
----

http://utdirect.utexas.edu/pnjobs/pnjobsvw.WBX?
comp=0&job_nbr=050125019322

Job Title   Systems Analyst
Job Number   05-01-25-01-9322
Job Status   Open
Date available   02/01/2005
Position duration   Funding expected to continue
Position open to   all applicants
Monthly salary   $ 3641 negotiable depending on qualifications.
Hours per week   40.00 Standard from 800AM to 500PM
Location   Austin (main campus)
Hiring department   Ctr Instructional Tech
http://www.utexas.edu/academic/diia

Required Qualifications Bachelor's degree. Two years of experience in
systems design, analysis and programming, or high school graduation or
GED, and four years of such experience. One year experience developing
applications with an object oriented programming language. Proficiency
with Java and XML. One or more years experience administering network
servers in a production environment. One year experience with relational
databases. Familiarity applying design patterns to software projects.

Preferred Qualifications More than two years experience designing and
developing network based applications and systems. Experience writing
technical tutorials or delivering end-user training. Experience
consulting with content publishers and developers. Exerience with
popular Web publishing tools such as FrontPage or Macromedia Dreamweaver,
and Macromedia Fireworks or Adobe Photoshop. One or more years
experience with client-side Web scripting with Javascript. Proficiency
with the Apache web server, the HTTP protocol, and Websearch engines and
Tomcat servlet container. Experience conducting usability and/or
accessibility tests. Proficiency with perl, PHP, C, or webAgent/Natural.
Familiarity with Apple Streaming and Windows Media Servers. Familiarity
with administration of MySQL, PostGreSQL, Oracle, or SQL servers.
Experience with MagicDraw, Rational Rose or similar tools.

Purpose of This Position Support and expand the capabilities of the
Division of Instructional Innovation and Assessment's Instructional
Technology Integration group including the design, development and
assessment of technology solutions.

Essential Functions Develop and implement technology and software
solutions. Provide expert consultation and training to DIIA and campus
developers. Design and architect complex technology systems. Document
and publicize reference solutions. Configure and administer servers and
security solutions.

OZ: I am my thoughts. If they exist in her, Buffy contains everything
that is me and she becomes me. I cease to exist. No one else exists
either. Buffy is all of us. We think. Therefore, she is.
--_Buffy the Vampire Slayer_, "Earshot"
Chris Baker -- www.chrisbaker.net
chris at chrisbaker.net, chrisbaker at iname.com, cbaker2 at columbus.rr.com
"When you stop growing, you start dying."