APM: Wednesday's meeting

Ian Remmler ian at remmler.org
Mon May 17 10:04:09 CDT 2004

On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 12:13:25AM -0500, David Bluestein II wrote:
> Where are we meeting? Website still has downtown, but I though
> we were moving to up north for this one?

We are meeting at ARL (as far as I know).  I've scheduled the
auditorium from 7:00-9:00.  The entrance is at 10000 Burnet
directly across from Rutland.  There'll be a sign-in sheet at the
guard's desk in the lobby, and there are doors to the auditorium
on either side of that desk.  We'll have a projector and access
to one ethernet port.  I'm checking on whether we can connect a
router to share it.

Directions at: http://www.arlut.utexas.edu/visiting

> Any confirmation on that so we can let people know (and I can
> find a Poke Jo's)

Looks like the nearest Jo's is a couple of miles away on Great
Hills.  Perhaps we could find something different for the north
meetings, and do Jo's for the south, just for a bit of variety.
I've been reading good things about Texas Rib Kings at Burnet and
183, so I'd be up for trying that.  Any other suggestions?

--
Ian Remmler         |  A monk asked Joshu, "Has a dog Buddha
ian at remmler.org     |  nature or not?"  Joshu replied, "Mu!"