APM: Apache mime-type handlers?

Sam Foster austin.pm at sam-i-am.com
Wed Aug 11 14:42:41 CDT 2004

hi there,
A while back I found a way to set up a portion of my site so that *any*
request for a text/html resource would be handled by a cgi-script I
wrote. E.g. *.html as well as / requests, or any arbitrary extension I'd
  assigned the mime-type text/html would all get passed over to my
/cgi-bin/htmlHandler.cgi

Now, I'm looking back through the docs (for apache 1.3) and I don't see
it. I see AddHandler which will let me assign file extensions, but
nothing to assign handlers to mime-types.

Any ideas?

thanks
Sam