APM: running at 100% processor

Goldilox Goldilox at teachnet.edb.utexas.edu
Tue Apr 1 12:08:18 CST 2003

Hi, I'm back again.

I guess I figured out that Perl doesn't handle NULL cells in a database at all
(other than spewing warnings everywhere). Does anybody have a clue why this
would be?

My next question is in regards to running one of my scripts. I run one script
(or plan to run it) every ten minutes to create a cache of database output for
web users (since this server could easily be getting a lot of traffic during
bad weather). On my machine here it runs at 100% processor power for the entire
time it runs (couple minutes). I haven't tried it yet on the more powerful web
server (Windows 2000 server), but I am curious if there is anything I need to
do to make the script run at less than 100% to allow the server to accomplish
its other tasks without being bogged down my my script running in the
background? I guess this is probably a sysadmin question rather than a Perl
question - but I figured someone here might have run into the same problem?

Rhett