APM: Bug tracking tools

erik at debill.org erik at debill.org
Thu Nov 21 12:03:57 CST 2002

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 11:30:13AM -0600, Mark Lehmann wrote:

> I am looking for bug tracking tools for software projects.  Sometime I can
> manage bugs in as well as allow customers to track the status of bugs.
>
> Preferrably an open source tool that is easy to install and learn.
>
> Any recommendations?

As someone else mentioned, bugzilla works well.  Wasn't too hard to
set up last time I gave it a whirl.

The last two places I've worked we have used TestTrack Pro from
www.seapine.com.  Relatively low cost, runs on Linux, sings and
dances.  You can define fields that customers can't see, or make them
read only.  Great for keeping developer's comments from upsetting
customers while still giving them a feel for what's going on (we used
to let them set priorities as well).

Lots of people love bugzilla, though.

One of these days I won't be working late on meeting night.

Erik