APM: Perl & XML session: 6:30pm Wednesday November 20th, 2002

Mark Lehmann mlehmann at marklehmann.com
Fri Nov 15 09:28:39 CST 2002

When
====

The next APM meeting will be Wednesday November 20, 2002, 6:30pm at
Tek Systems, see instructions below for new meeting room (new since
November).  Tek Systems is catering dinner.

What
====

Perl & XML
  Mark Lehmann

First part in a three part series on Web Services.  This session is a
refreshed on XML and how to process it in Perl using some of the standard
Perl XML modules.

This is the foundation for the next two sessions:

   SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) programming (February)
   Web Services Programming (March)

Where
=====

Tek Systems, on the North side of Austin and is conveniently located
close to 183.  See directions below.

Drinking/Socializing
====================

BEFORE the meeting, several people will meet to network and socialize at
Pok-e-Jo's in the Arboretum.

AFTER the meeting, a small group will be going out to socialize.  The
group typically meets at B.B. Rover's, which serves food and drinks.

BB Rover's Cafe & Pub
12636 Research Blvd.
Austin, Texas 78759
Tel: (512) 335-9504

Directions to Tek Systems
=========================

Going North on 183:

- Take the Oak Knoll Exit.

- If you are going South on 183 take the Duvall exit and take the U turn so
  that you are heading North.

- Take your First right at Riata Trace Parkway (which is before the Oak Knoll
  light)

- Take your second right at Riata Corporate Park. (You'll see a Netsolve
  sign)

- IMMEDIATELY turn right again (the sign does not have our name on it) You
  will be facing our building and turn left into the parking lot.  Walk into
  the double doors and we are the first door on the left-Suite 100.

Meeting Location:

12331-1 Riata Trace Parkway, Suite ***200***  <- upstairs now
Austin, TX 78727
512-257-6907

Here is the URL of a map of the meeting location:

  http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?email=1&mapdata=i8rr6UmMevNXOYzLGHJbGn0poWBZ3By9ByWKb4ZR2N%2bBV3d5vUVT7bdGpSQgz7pHgzyXbteEC9DsIzBvs8JnmRXQVLFK1MpVc0GyAay3gXopmqAaQUB7YLGCBp1fsSRDA91jTkVH6QMuASc7SNWOoyhUn6I7knZ5ONifI7qgSB9u1dG2cXtAk4i4XiYVuP7Fuvzrg6XjKX8L1rKkPtsUePMgzM6yvdWYRJsufh%2fKoD8zA6DgTdL%2bUegK5WWdjG2HeoH5%2fK%2b3OqNGuGGOQAbKx9xozGc2T7NleqXkLDvFcx4EJqcNl3E8Wmo3zDv7ci0uAFyzPg15GZPF9OB16Tb2TIa7u1cDjaUB4%2bcDys8QJTMAk%2fPcliZcoA%3d%3d