Group Activities

Tony tonyt at ptialaska.net
Thu Mar 18 20:55:02 CST 1999

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Arthur Corliss wrote:

> <G> I hope we're not the only ones on the list right now.  :-P  Where is
> everybody?

Sitka.  Drat.

> How about these, for a few ideas:
>
> 	1)  Do we have a regex wizard in the group?  How about some
> 	    hardcore perlre demonstrations?
> 	2)  Anyone gotten on intimate terms with a certain module?  How
> 	    about some classes on usage?
> 	3)  How about some debates on optimisation, or even good coding
> 	    styles?
> 	4)  Perl book reviews--anyone read anything interesting lately?
>
> These are just some ideas that we could all benefit from.  Any other ideas out
> there?

Yeah-- advanced techniques like pass-by-reference (a cool trick I've
picked up only recently, which proves I'm a slow learner), embedding Perl
in applications, Perl/Gtk+ or Perl/Tk (for the GUI folks out there),
things like that.

But I can't attend, so it's a rather moot point.  (I'm currently pouting,
in a very manly fashion.  Mmmm.  Beer.)

							- Tony