MySQL [Was: Things I do With Perl]

Fred Steinberg fred at alaska.net
Wed Mar 10 11:01:55 CST 1999

 On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Tony wrote:
 >> You mentioned MySQL? Do you have any specific project in mind?

 Arthur> ...just using default db libraries. Would be nice, after we
 Arthur> consolidate the design, to make it a bit more scalable with MySQL.

Same with the thing I'm working on; just using DBM. I'm not dealing with
large amounts of data, so it's fast enough, though one day I might add
MySQL support. Don't really need a full relational db at this point, though.

Using DBM ties is so convenient, especially if you do something like

  use MLDBM qw(DB_File Storable);

which lets you just spit any arbitrary perl data struct out to disk (and, of
course, get it back later).