Things I do With Perl

Tony tonyt at ptialaska.net
Mon Mar 8 20:16:27 CST 1999

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Arthur Corliss wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Tony wrote:
>
> > I work at SEARHC in Sitka, as the financial DBA/hack/sysadmin.  We use an
> > application called Banner (From SCT-- it's the same stuff UA uses) which
> > is an app that runs on the Oracle db.  So, naturally I use Perl/DBI.
>
> Good, another one.  :-)  DBI is just the area I need to get more familiar
> with.  What version of Oracle are you using?

Right now we're on 7.3.3.2, on a Solaris 2.5 box.  I'm getting ready to
move it over to an Enterprise 2 (dual proc 300Mhz Ultrasparc, 512M, 12G
disks done up in a striped/duplex configuration).  But we also use DBI for
some in-house databases running on PostgreSQL.

You mentioned MySQL?  Do you have any specific project in mind?

							- Tony