mSQL versus mySQL ...

Brian J. Stewart brian_stewart at pobox.com
Thu Jun 24 14:46:08 CDT 1999

Brian (newbie) asked:

> Our plans at this moment are HTML + PHP + mSQL + JAVA -- i can't remember
> if you are using "mySQL" or "mSQL" -- or better yet, which one is
> bettter???    I need a WINTEL port, important for local testing...

Arthur (mentor) replied:

I use MySQL, and personally, I think it is *much* better than mSQL, both in
performance and scalability.  Just my .02, of course, but pretty much the
consensus of all us DB freaks up here.

--

Brian adds the following:

I need to be able to dual platform test on UNIX and WINtel....   I see that
mSQL has a WINtel flavor, while mySQL has a $$$$ version of mSQL -- a  big
downside for me, who is just playing testing....

Anyone else have thoughts?  or suggestions?

--

I want to be able to develope/test/beta "apache1.3.6/php3/somekinda-SQL" on
my WIN9X box, and then migrate to LINUX production box....

Thanks in advance,