[AmsterdamX-pm] Who is up for Mini YAPCs?

Upasana Shukla upasna.shukla at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 08:54:29 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I got to know that quite a few people from the Netherlands are going to
present at YAPC::EU in september. For those who don't know about YAPC::EU
(Yet Another Perl Conference::Europe), I'd suggest you to go to the
following link : http://act.yapc.eu/ye2015/
I attended it last year & it was very helpful. There were plenty of good
talks & I met plenty of smart people.

Since, quite a few people are going to present at  YAPC::EU, Stevan Little
gave an idea to help the speakers.

What's the idea?
Every week of august, we may (depending on the number of interested people)
organize a short meetup at booking.com in the evening, lasting for around
2-2.5 hours. People who're going to speak at YAPC::EU can rehearse their
talks in these meetups & get opinions about their talks from the public.

How it'll benefit me?
1) Speakers will get to rehearse their talks & improve it by the time they
will present at YAPC::EU.
2) Audiences will get to learn about new topics.

What's the next step?
If you are interested, then email me saying that you're interested.

I will organize these meetups, if & only if there will be enough number of
people interested in attending them.

Thanks.

--
Upasana Shukla