[ABE.pm] dinner wednesday; location? future hacking?

Ricardo SIGNES perl.abe at rjbs.manxome.org
Fri Nov 2 14:57:56 PDT 2007

Okay, I will see you guys at 18:00 on Wednesday... but where?  I'd think
without Ted (and, therefore, insanely hot wings), my vote swings to Gute.  So,
unless I am wrong in thinking that Faber and Tom prefer Gute (?) that's the
plan.

As promised, I'll run through some of the slides stuff I did at PPW.  All my
slides are at slideshare.net.  I was tickled, today, to see that my Perl 5.10
slides were "featured," meaning that they got put on the front page.  I'm not
sure how much of an honor this is:  the previous featured slideshow is Condom
Fashion, a fashion show based on condoms.  SlidesShare is a weird place.  I get
a huge number of views, but no comments.  It makes me wonder if the views are
humans.

I might also want to talk about some stuff I've been poking at lately,
especially data validation.  I have hard feelings toward just about every data
validator I've used in Perl, and I've been sort of brewing one of my own in my
head for a long time.  I'd like to bounce my ideas off of some of you.

Then again, I might just STFU, eat a ham sandwich, and listen to everyone
else's banter.