[ABE.pm] technical talks

Ricardo SIGNES rjbs-perl-abe at lists.manxome.org
Tue Jul 3 15:16:19 PDT 2007

Remember a few weeks ago, we were talking about hosting some sort of little
Perl workshop?  This was discussed at YAPC.  John C. and I spoke with a bunch
of other YAPC and workshop organizers.  The current thinking is that Philly and
ABE should collaborate on organizing a workshop, the location to be determined.
I liked the idea of having it at the same time as the "Frozen Perl" workshop to
be held, maybe, in Minneapolis.  This is beside the point, though:  I think it
will get mostly discussed on PHL's list, but I'll let you know if it starts
getting some traction.

I think that, first, we should try to have one or two tech meetings!

I'm happy to do the first presentation or two, on the topic of your choice.
Maybe one of you would rather do that!  I'm sure I could get someone from
Philly to come up and teach us something cool, too.

My first question is: where?  McG's and MG's are good for social meetings, but
there's no whiteboard, projector, or quiet.

We used to do tech meetings at Lehigh U, but with our Lehigh members MIA for
quite some time, I don't think we can rely on that.  Does anyone here have some
sort of space they could donate monthly or bimonthly?

If nobody has a good idea for this, I can talk to Steve C. at Moravian, where
they sometimes have LVLUG meetings.  If that doesn't work out either, we can
just look for a quieter public place, like a library conference room.