[ABE.pm] local perlmonger news

Ted Fiedler fiedlert at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 03:36:14 PDT 2007

Yes - I am heading to Pittsburgh this year, come hell or high water. I ma
even running out of valid excuses:

YAPC 2006 - $work forbid me to go.
Pittsburgh 2006 - $work was going to pay for me to go, but my $fatherly
duties took presedence.
YAPC 2007 - I needed to see Bob Dylan, and get my hernia fixed. I am still
recovering.
Pittsburgh 2007 - Look ma NO EXCUSES!

Anyway - My back hurts from lying in bed for three days and $pain_Killer
just makes me itch.

Ted

On 6/30/07, Ricardo SIGNES <rjbs-perl-abe at lists.manxome.org> wrote:

> So, as I mentioned earlier, I just got back, Thursday, from YAPC in
> Houston.
> It was a great conference, and I had a swell time.  Just the right amount
> of
> beer, barbeque, and sleep.  I learned a few good things and gave some
> talks
> that I really enjoyed.  I might force one of these (very short) on you,
> next
> Wednesday.
>
> Faber was there, and can serve as the first non-rjbs ABE.pm member to
> report
> back on YAPC.  Faber!  Was it as fun as I've always said?  (Did you see
> any of
> my talks?  I can't recall.)
>
> In other news, Kip is now a father to one more kid!  I have no idea
> whether
> he'll make it next time (and he isn't on the list), so if necessary, I
> will
> show off photos and act proud on his behalf.
>
> There's a Perl Workshop in Pittsburgh in October.  It's like a 1.5 day
> YAPC
> held on the weekend.  I'm hoping to get out there.  Anybody else
> interested?
>
>   http://pghpw.org/ppw2007/
>
> --
> rjbs

The optimist thinks that this is the best of all possible worlds,
and the pessimist knows it.
                -- J. Robert Oppenheimer, "Bulletin of Atomic Scientists"