[ABE.pm] $beer->next->drink while sober;

Faber J. Fedor faber at linuxnj.com
Tue May 9 16:35:23 PDT 2006

On 06/05/06 23:11 -0400, Ricardo SIGNES wrote:

> Who wasn't at McGrady's on Wednesday?  If you are not Faber, Tom, John, or me,
> you were not at McGrady's.  Apparently we got there just in time for happy
> hour: $4 pitchers, $2.75 appetizers, and no blaring sports events.
>
> Don't get me wrong, though, despite my endless talk of beer: nobody was
> sloshed.

We're just gonna have to work harder next time then!

> Tom, who took over for me at IQE, said that my code sometimes makes him wonder
> what the hell I was thinking.  John noted that everyone likes Lisp but nobody
> seems to have ever really done anything with it.  I found myself trying to
> explain why Microsoft's new command line looks cool, and Faber humored me as I
> tried to explain the awesome power of closures with code scribbled on the back
> of a placemat.

Good explanation, BTW.  I happened to be reading up on continuation
servers  after our beerfest and the whole idea is based on closures.
Made perfect sense to me!

> I think this is a feat worth repeating, and Faber suggested the first Wednesday
> of next month.  That would be June 7, two and a half weeks before YAPC.  Maybe
> I'll try to perform my talk, for practice -- or maybe I'll just have another
> burger.
>
> Objections or rescheduling requests?

Unfortunately, I'm booked for the evening of June 7 (working).  Other
than that, I still vote for the first Wednesday of the month.

Faber Fedor
President
Linux New Jersey, Inc.
908-320-0357