[ABE.pm] $beer->next->drink while sober;

Ricardo SIGNES rjbs-perl-abe at lists.manxome.org
Sat May 6 20:11:09 PDT 2006

Who wasn't at McGrady's on Wednesday?  If you are not Faber, Tom, John, or me,
you were not at McGrady's.  Apparently we got there just in time for happy
hour: $4 pitchers, $2.75 appetizers, and no blaring sports events.

Don't get me wrong, though, despite my endless talk of beer: nobody was
sloshed.  I just never drink the stuff apart from geek meetings, so I get a bit
enthusiastic, you see.

Tom, who took over for me at IQE, said that my code sometimes makes him wonder
what the hell I was thinking.  John noted that everyone likes Lisp but nobody
seems to have ever really done anything with it.  I found myself trying to
explain why Microsoft's new command line looks cool, and Faber humored me as I
tried to explain the awesome power of closures with code scribbled on the back
of a placemat.

I think this is a feat worth repeating, and Faber suggested the first Wednesday
of next month.  That would be June 7, two and a half weeks before YAPC.  Maybe
I'll try to perform my talk, for practice -- or maybe I'll just have another
burger.

Objections or rescheduling requests?