[ABE.pm] I'm a Mac user!

Ricardo SIGNES rjbs-perl-abe at lists.manxome.org
Fri Aug 18 08:27:25 PDT 2006

* Steve Lidie <sol0 at Lehigh.EDU> [2006-08-18T10:12:56]
> > I just wish there was an easier way to tell iTunes that a playlist  should
> > not have more than X tracks or Y percent of one artist.
>
> Now maybe back on topic for the group:  sounds like you should write
> a Perl filter to generate a compatible subset of a playlist
> digestible by iTunes :)

I've started to do so once or twice.  The problem is that the existing Perl
iTunes data reader wasn't so good.  I couldn't use the XML because the Apple
plist XML format is pathological.  I couldn't use AppleScript because iTunes'
apple events are slow.  :-/