[ABE.pm] I'm a Mac user!

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 06:18:21 PDT 2006

On Friday 18 August 2006 08:30 am, Steve Lidie wrote:
> On Aug 17, 2006, at 10:23 PM, Faber J. Fedor wrote:
> > Surprisingly, I don't find the iPod/iTunes stuff all that
> > intuitive, but
> > I bet I'm "using it right".  I've got podcasts listed under music,
> > video
> > podcasts listed under video AND podcasts (the former playing the video
> > and the latter playing only the audio) and a few other "weird" things.
>
> You have an iPod, you want to use iTunes.  Trust me :)

iirc/iiuc, when you buy songs from iTunes, you get only the rights to play
that song on an iPod (and have a limited number of transfers (3?) between
iPods, if you upgrade or get a warranty replacement or similar).  (And, iirc,
the iPod format is "non-standard" (i.e., neither mp3 nor oggvorbis).

I would think twice before sinking much money into an iTunes collection.  (Of
course, I don't know if an iPod can handle a more standard format.)

Randy Kramer