[ABE.pm] What's new in ABE Perldom?

Ricardo SIGNES rjbs-perl-abe at lists.manxome.org
Thu Jul 14 06:12:32 PDT 2005

Man, the list has been so dead lately!  What's everyone up to?

Phil and I went to YAPC last month, and we both had a good ol' time.  I
had a small refresher on what makes Kwiki so much fun to play with (as
well as so much of a pain) and I got to engage in a ninja battle.  Beer
was consumed and code was written, although not much of it by me.  Last
year's YAPC led to Acme::ProgressBar, but nothing much has come from
this YAPC for me, yet.  Hopefully I'll get around to uploading some of
my code to http://openjsan.org soon, though.

I also got to meet Meng Wong, the guy who owns my new workplace,
Pobox.com.  I rode his Segway.  It was weird.

My personal projects (Rubric, CPAN::Mini, Module::Starter) are sort of
festering right now, but I'm hopeful.  CGI::Application has been getting
a good bit of community activity, and it looks like they might decide to
use a Rubric as their community blog, which would give me good reason to
get some more work done on it.

Work is all nice and Perly, too, although the particular Perl I'm
working on is of questionable awesomeness.  It's Freeside, a free ISP
billing system, which I'm trying to integrate with our internal systems.
At least it shouldn't take much longer to have good bits of it in use!

What's everyone else up to?  I'm pretty sure you're not all dead.  Maybe
everyone has abandoned Perl for Python and Java, though.  (Speaking of
which, my first day at OSCON this year looks to be eight hours of
Python.  That should be fun...)