Schedule???

James E Keenan jkeenan at pobox.com
Wed Apr 19 06:54:51 PDT 2017

On 04/19/2017 09:26 AM, Steven Lembark via yapc wrote:

> Is there any way to find out what -- if any -- of my submissions
> were accepted as talks?
>
> There is barely enough time to write something good at this point!
>

> I can see how to pay for the conference ticket but there is nothing on
> the website that allows "registering" so that I can see and update the
> talks or view a schedule.
>
> I know several people who are *not* going to YAPC this year because
> they have no idea what is going to be there and don't have any more
> time to reserve the vacation -- or flights -- to attend.
>
> Please! Put something on the bloody webpage: there is one Wiki entry
> from Rolfsky for vegan pizza and that's it. Drop the submission page
> and put up a *calendar*, start listing accepted talks somewhere; or
> start telling people that their talks were not accepted.
>
> It would be really, really, really helpful if the CFP page would
> include what email domain the talk responses are arriving from so
> that people can search for them or avoid filtering things into the
> bitbucket.
>
> Puttingn on the conference is a helluva lot of work and it is hard
> to keep up the energy. But it's time to slurp your favorite caffinated
> beverage and sprint for it so that we have people attending.
>
> thanks

I share Steven's concerns.  We need a schedule so that we can ramp up
efforts to promote attendance on our local list and at our ny.pm
technical meeting coming up on May 1.  Even if your schedule is not
fully complete, please put up what you have ready so far.  That will
give people an incentive to register, make hotel and travel plans, etc.
That will also motivate people to start posting to the wiki (which is
the part not managed by the conference organizers but rather by the
community).

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan