(Public) transportation to Amusement parks and Kennedy Space Center

bulk 88 bulk88 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 17 15:24:15 PDT 2016

Disney is not in Orlando City. For YAPC 2014 I used public transit (I dont drive) to get to Disney from the hotel.

Since the bus infront of the DT DT Orlando in  2014 ran once an hour, and didn't run at all on sundays from 10AM to 3 PM, its was truly truly crap. Seems in 2 years Lynx bus got some more $$$$$ and now there are 2 buses an hour every day and proper weekend service. Also since 2014, Lynx started a new free bus route that kindda goes near DT DT Orlando Link 63 – Orange-North Quarter Line . But anyways, in 2014 I always used the hotel shuttle to drive me to and from Lynx Central Station or if the shuttle wasn't available, I just walked in the melting sun to Lynx Central Station along Orange Ave. In 2014 I just once ever caught the 102 bus that is supposed to serve the hotel.

Specifically I used Lynx Bus 50 from Lynx Central Station (big bus terminal in DT Orlando) to Disney. Bus 50 runs express down I4 for 25-30 minutes from Lynx Central Station to theme park areas. Riding in an articulated bus at 65-70 mph down the interstate was quite an experience, I thought the tail of the bus would wag like a dog and the bus flips over or jack knifes but it didnt.  Bus 50 winds down International Drive (AKA all non-Disney tourist things to do), and then enters Disney Property.  The official Lynx Transit to Disney Transport transfer is at Disney Ticket and  Transportation Center http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=nr0t6v861jvb&lvl=18&sty=o&form=LMLTCC

There is one other Lynx to Disney transfer point AFAIK but it requires a longish walk through the Disney Springs (AKA Disney Downtown) park to get from the Lynx stop http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=nqvsjm865n8n&lvl=18.9&dir=0.27&sty=o&form=LMLTCC to the Disney Transport stop http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=nqvd9j8665bq&lvl=19.89&dir=358.84&sty=o&form=LMLTCC or a longer walk through Disney Springs http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=nqw0tx866ckz&lvl=19.1&dir=1.34&sty=o&form=LMLTCC . You can also get out of Disney Springs to the rest of Disney with the ferry (slow as hell). I suggest using Lynx to Disney Ticket and  Transportation Center transfer point and not messing around with Lynx to Disney Springs for time reasons. Also Disney Springs has NO Disney Transport connection to any other Disney theme park http://www.wdwfocus.com/img/map/wdw-transport-map-full.png . You must always take a Disney Transport bus from Disney Springs to a Disney hotel/resort, then wait for a Disney transport bus from the hotel/resort to the theme park. This is intentional to discourage you from using Disney Springs as free parking for one the of the paid Disney theme parks. Disney World is designed to be car-free, with the monorail, ferries and Disney Transport buses. You only need a car (or Lynx bus) to enter and leave/get on and get off Disney property

Disney Transport bus system is free for anyone to use, no questions asked. No fare boxes, no tapping your Disney RFID ticket card, you show nothing to the driver.