Orlando arrivals and Arrivals Dinner

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Fri Jun 17 12:12:17 PDT 2016

On 06/16/2016 06:51 PM, James E Keenan via yapc wrote:
> YAPC::NA::2016 attendees,
>
> Let me encourage you, if you haven't done so already, to sign up for one
> of the Sunday evening arrival dinners:
>
> http://www.yapcna.org/yn2016/wiki?node=ArrivalDinners
>
> We've got about 30 signed up for the main arrival dinner and 10 signed
> up for the more vegan friendly Alt Arrival Dinner.  Either way, you're
> guaranteed to have some friendly folks to dine with on the night before
> YAPC.
>
> Also, let me encourage you to post the day and time you will be arriving
> at the Orlando airport:
>
> http://www.yapcna.org/yn2016/wiki?node=ArrivalsAndDepartures
>
> Since MCO is many miles from the DoubleTree hotel, taxi fares, etc., are
> non-trivial.  Speaking for myself, I'd like to connect with anyone
> arriving at MCO in the noon-1300 range on Sunday.  If you post your
> arrival time, you may be able to find someone to split the cost of this
> transportation segment with.

Subsequent to posting this I learned that the conference organizers have
already arranged a discount on shuttle van service by Mears Motor
Service between the airport and the hotel.

http://www.yapcna.org/yn2016/location.html

This involves printing out a coupon from:

http://www.yapcna.org/yn2016//yn2016-transport-coupon.pdf

So definitely check that out!

jimk