Perl 6 talks (was: Re: YAPC::NA Schedule is available)

Wendy van Dijk yapc2009 at wendy.org
Fri Apr 3 14:13:02 PDT 2015

At 05:36 PM 4/2/2015, Daniel Wright via yapc wrote:

>>On Apr 2, 2015, at 10:30 AM, drforr--- via yapc
>><<mailto:yapc at pm.org>yapc at pm.org> wrote:
>>
>>If we're doing the ... flags? on badges thing,
>>I'm pretty sure at least a few of them were
>>custom printed, so why not add a perl6 flag? Or
>>have a stack of perl6 buttons available? I'm
>>sure I can find at least one lying around the
>>house, or at least can bring a stack courtesy Evozon.
>
>The badge ribbons were donated and we’ve just
>been depleting that stock year after
>year.    Have custom ones made is
>expensive.    If somebody wants to bring a stack
>of “Perl 6” ribbons to YAPC for name badges,
>we’ll be happy to put them out on a table for people to take.
>
>This place seems to have better prices than I have seen in the past:
>
><https://www.marcopromotionalproducts.com/ribbons.html>https://www.marcopromotionalproducts.com/ribbons.html
>
>-Dan

Thanks, Dan, I just went to the website and I
ordered a lot of Perl 6 ribbons, with the Camelia
butterfly logo.  Consider this todo done, I will
bring them to YAPC::NA.  There will be enough for
everybody, and I will give you a whole lot for
other events, so you will have some in stock for next years too.

I also will bring a lot of stickers and buttons
(for example like this
https://www.flickr.com/photos/wendyga/14026623766/in/set-72157644383486661
) and full-color tuits (like these
https://www.flickr.com/photos/wendyga/sets/72157635619932186/
), and maybe even some other Perl 6 promotional items to this nice conference.

We do have a 3 meter wide canvas with the Camelia
logo (as per specification: the Camelia butterfly
must be 3 meters wide), and we could bring that
with us.  It;'s a bit large.  The aluminum frame
is even large, and that would be crazy to
bring.  If there would be a nice place in the
conference area to hang the canvas.  But we have
to think of a way to hang the canvas properly.

Just for your info: this is Liz and me, receiving
the White Camel Award in the presence of our
camel and the Perl train station sign, right in
front of the Camelia canvas.  :-)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/wendyga/13366062475/in/set-72157642816609433

I hope this answers all your questions about Perl 6 promotional materials.

Kind regards,

Wendy van Dijk