YAPC::NA Arrival Dinner

Abigail abigail at abigail.be
Sat Jun 21 05:19:13 PDT 2014

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 09:47:51PM -0400, Uri Guttman via yapc wrote:
> On 06/20/2014 07:30 PM, John SJ Anderson wrote:
>> Well volunteered, Uri. Let us know what you hear.
>
> sorry but i didn't volunteer. i am jammed all day saturday and fly out
> early on sunday. having organized many arrival dinners (first was in
> boca and i helped out at st. louis so it goes back to last century) i

Boca was in 2003 and St. Louis was in 2002.

The only YAPCs that were not in the current century were
Pittsburgh 1999, Pittsburgh 19100 and London 2000.

> know what it takes and i don't have the time. if the crowd is small
> enough (and it won't be as people will hang out in the lobby asking
> about it), we could just drop in on a place. as i said, the hotel
> restaurant may be a good option. gotta take a look at the menu. my other
> choice would be the sushi/japanese place a couple of blocks away.

I walked towards Ivanhoe village last night. It has a couple of
restaurants and several bars, but none seemed to be large enough to host
a huge crowd. But that's judging from the outside.

Abigail