[SPAM] World Cup Viewing in Orlando pre-YAPC

Thomas Glase thomas.glase at piranhawomex.com
Fri Jun 20 16:45:13 PDT 2014

Hi Jim,

Good to know that we are not the only soccer enthusiasts here. :)

Option 2b looks interesting, although we will attend the training that
day (same problem as on thursday). But maybe we, that is 3 persons, can
just join the fun a bit later if we can't make it in time.

Best regards,
Thomas

Am 14.06.2014 04:18, schrieb James E Keenan via yapc:
> Once every four years we are torn between the joy of YAPC::NA and the
> joy of the World Cup.  So as not to interfere with YAPC itself, I would
> like to propose two social activities for those who are arriving in
> Orlando *before* the conference.
>
> 3 Round 1 matches are scheduled on each of Saturday and Sunday, June 21
> and 22.  You can get the full match schedule for those days via internet
> search.  I'm going to propose matches I personally would want to see,
> and if you are interested in doing likewise, let the list.  Once we get
> some commitments, I'll schedule the event on the wiki.
>
> Option 1:
> Sat Jun 21: 18:00 EDT: Nigeria v. Bosnia & Herzegovina
> Find a sports bar near the Doubletree; watch; eat; imbibe.
>
> Option 2:
> Sun Jun 22: 18:00 EDT: USA v. Portugal
> * 2a: Find a sports bar near the Doubletree; watch; eat; imbibe.
> Or:
> * 2b: There will be a free outdoors screening of the match at Wall
> Street Plaza in downtown Orlando.  http://bit.ly/1pVAsjN  This would
> entail walking/driving about 2 km from hotel.
>
> I realize that Option 2 would conflict with the traditional Arrivals
> Dinner, but so far there hasn't been much momentum for that (though the
> Anti-Arrivals Dinner is filling up nicely).
>
> If you are interested in either option, ping me off-list or on.  Once
> one of the options gets 5 attendees, I'll commit to it and put it on the
> wiki.
>
> Thank you very much.
> Jim Keenan

Thomas Glase
Piranha Arts

www.womex.com * www.classicalnext.com
www.piranha.de * www.piranhashop.de

Mark your calendars ...
::: 14 - 17 May 2014, Classical:NEXT, Vienna, Austria
::: 22 - 26 Oct 2014, WOMEX, Santiago de Compostela, Galicia, Spain

This email was sent by: Piranha Arts AG * Berlin HRB 63466
Vorstand F.Klaffs & M.v.Petrykowski * AR-Vorsitzender C.Borkowsky
_________

Disclaimer: Any statements in this email or attachment explicitly
do not constitute a contract or a legally binding agreement with
Piranha Arts AG.
_________

Piranha Arts * Kreuzbergstr. 30 * 10965 Berlin * Germany
Tel +49 30 318 614 -0 * Fax +49 30 318 614 -10