RFC: YAPC Code of conduct up on github?

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Fri Mar 22 22:16:56 PDT 2013

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 6:36 PM, Rob Kinyon <rob.kinyon at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll merge it as soon as he removes the .html file

Done.  That's what I get by rushing things to get home for dinner :)

On a slightly different note, I hope it's clear that I'm pushing this not
because I feel personally uncomfortable, threatened, or harassed; or that
anything like that will happen to me in Austin this year.  I'm pushing this
because I see it as a critical part of welcoming and building diversity --
something schwern's most excellent keynote last year motivated me to take
some personal responsibility for.  This policy isn't just another document,
it's part of the welcome mat: how we create, honour and enforce it will say
a lot about who and what we are.

Ok.  Last serious email of the week :)

                              -Chris

--