RFC: YAPC Code of conduct up on github?

Rob Kinyon rob.kinyon at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 17:05:04 PDT 2013

There is already a yapc account on github (I just tried to register it and
failed) that has one of rblackwe's repositories starred.

So, I went ahead and created the yapc-na organization. Stevan and Perigrin
and I are the initial owners and I will gladly bow out when asked.

I've also created https://github.com/YAPC-NA/code-conduct that anyone can
fork and provide a markdown or POD of the code of conduct. I will happily
accept pull requests to get this baby started.

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 7:48 PM, Chris Weyl <cweyl at alumni.drew.edu> wrote:

> Hey all --
> Apologies if this is already the case, or has been discussed already.  But
> given what happened at pycon in the last week or so, I think we should also
> post our code of conduct on github such that we can all fork, edit, and
> submit suggested edits as pull requests.  (details to be hammered out, yes,
> but the same basic workflow as any other pull-req)
> http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2013/03/pycon-github/
> I know I was reading our code of conduct yesterday, and thinking how I'd
> like to see some language in there talking about not just gender, sexual
> orientation and ethnicity (among others), but also about gender identity,
> gender expression, and national origin...  so I'd be first in there with a
> pull request :)
> Thoughts?  What would it take to do this?
> Thanks-
>                                         -Chris
> --
> Chris Weyl