RFC: YAPC Code of conduct up on github?

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Fri Mar 22 17:20:20 PDT 2013

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 5:12 PM, Denise Paolucci <denise at dwscoalition.org>wrote:

> So -- while in general I'm for community participation and community
> buy-in, I think there needs to be a single person with the ability to say
> 'yes' or 'no' to proposed edits, and that edits should be scrutinized with
> the single question of: does this make the event more welcoming or not?

Hopefully interested parties will watch the pull-req queue, and we can have
some form of consensus-based approach to adopting changes.  In general,
we're all adults here; this sort of document can go a long way to helping
to clearly articulate what is not acceptable behaviour.

I'm willing to say "let's go with it" and see what works and what doesn't,
from a process perspective.  We're hardly a bunch to keep quiet when we see
something that looks counterproductive or otherwise wonky :)

                                       -Chris

--
Chris Weyl
Ex astris scientia