Book People

Matt S Trout mst at shadowcat.co.uk
Fri Apr 19 09:23:12 PDT 2013

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 10:44:35AM -0500, Keith Howanitz wrote:
> I wonder if any of the speakers have a recent book. Austin has a great
> independent book store (Book People) that does signing events. (Some
> recent authors include: Dave Barry, Cory Doctorow, & Sonia Sotomayor.)
> It might be good for the author, and also a way to promote the
> conference. (I am adding Book People to the things to do section for
> those who might be interested in just purchasing something. The Whole
> Foods nearby is fun also - they have an ice skating rink on the roof,
> although I think it is only open in the winter.)
>
> http://www.bookpeople.com/

chromatic's Modern Perl and Ovid's Beginning Perl are the two I'm tending
to recommend to people atm.

Not sure if the authors are coming though, you'd probably want to poke ACT
to find out.

http://shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/   http://twitter.com/shadowcat_mst/

Email me now on mst (at) shadowcat.co.uk and let's chat about how our Catalyst